Posted by: Wes | 2011-08-23

Hi dok, im a male, 24 years of age and just last night before bed i found that my glands under my one armpit is swollen and a bit painful. what could this symtom be the cause of? i havent bein bitten by any insect so that takes that out of the picture. please help

There are a multitude of reasons for swollen glands. It ranges from inflammation due to infection (maybe a hair follicle that was infected), an active infection to a growth inside the lymph nodes. Consult your doctor for an examination and a possible prescription for antibiotics if infection is present. If there is no clear indication about the cause, blood tests and a fine needle biopsy of the glands can be done.