Question
Posted by: lisa | 2010/05/11

Glands

Hi Doc,

My daughter has just finished with mumps, and i know i have not had it, but i should have started with it already if i was going to as it is a 2 week incubation period.

I have something that is swollen in my throat, that when i swallow it feels as though something is stuck in my throat. could it be the beginning of mumps.

Or could it be a thyroid problem?

Hallo Lisa
Mumps is infection of the salivary glands on the corner of the jaw just before the ear - so if these glands are not swollen, and you don't get pain there when you eat sweet or sour foods, it probably is not mumps, but could be an enlarged thyroid or a problem in the esophagus. RAther let your doctor have a look as a gastroscopy may be needed.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/11

Hallo Lisa

Reply to cyberdoc