Question
Posted by: Andre | 2009/11/19

Gland and thyroid

I have an underactive thyroid, and since January I got pain under my arms and in the groin area. Doctor did a full blood count, nothing wrong. I' ve been for a " skelet flikkergram"  (Don' t know the english) and have been to a specialist as well and nothing was wrong as well as blood tests again. So according to the doctor, no lymphoma. For abouth 3 months the pain under the arms and groin went away, and everything was fine. About a month ago, I got the pain again, as well as a numb pain in my jaw region, feels like needle and pins. It looks as if my thyroid is a bit swollen as well. Sometimes it takes a bit more effort to swallow than other times. It also feels as if I' m having a constant nasal drop. I am on eltroxin 0.1 and crestor 5mg, pexum 5 and prothiaden, because according to the docter all this is stress related, but I' m a real calm person. Can you please help,

Hallo Andre
There may be more than one problem here. Pain in the face could be due to gnashing of teeth when you sleep, or spasm of the facial muscles, but angina (heart pain) can also spread to the jaw and arms. Have you had an ECG?
It may be worth your while to check your thyroid hormone levels and go for a sonar to exclude cysts. Ask your GP to look if you have a chronic Post nasal drip, it is easily picked up and can irritate your esophagus. If you have symptoms of heartburn this could also cause esophagus spasm with swallowing symptoms.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/19

Hallo Andre
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc