Question

Giving Up

It’ s been 3 months since my ex and I got back together after a 2 year breakup. In the first month things went really well, and it all went downhill from there. When I tell him I am not happy he tells me that he is not interested in listening to my stories and that he would rather be single than continue talking about what is going wrong. He never spends time with me and our daughter (who is 4) the last time we were together was on the 31 July and since then he has been busy with his family / friends and work. The calls have stopped and if I don’ t call him I won’ t hear from him for days. All this started when he bought a new car, I suspect that he has someone else but have not asked and have realised that it’ s time to call it quits, however he doesn’ t even have time to talk to me about this. Should I just move on and not talk to him about it. I have to think about my own happiness and right now I am not happy.

UNless you guys were irresponsibly frivolous in breaking up the first time round, there were presumably rather good reasons for having done so. Have all those reasons TRULY changed and all for the better ? really ?
You're descibing a selfish man apparently well suited to a single life, and uninterested in you ( or maybe anyone else ) and refusing to solve problems he helps to create.
THe real puzzle is why you chose to get back together with someone apparently so determined not to have a genuine relationship with anyone.

2
Posted by: dw | 2010/09/08

Going back to ex''es never works. You broke up for a reason first time around, why put yourself through that again?

Reply to dw