Question
Posted by: Shimy | 2009-01-20

Giving Tablets to Cats

Good Morning
What is the best way to give a tablet to a cat. I have 8 cats, and deworming time is a nightmare for my fingers !!
I have just got my first Persian cat, and I had her at the vet yesterday, as she has worms. He gave me a tablet, and told me to give her half last night, and the other half in 10 days time.
I tried many times to get the half tablet down her throat ..... to no avail. I eventually crushed it and sprinkled it on a teaspoon full of Hills meat (the little sachets of meat, but I only put a teaspoon amount of meat in the bowl, with the tablet powder sprinkled on it)
My question is, will this still be effective to kill the worms, or does the tablet have to be swallowed whole ?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dear Shimy

You can crush the tablet but you get a spot on wormed called Profender that you apply just the same as frontline.

2
Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-20

Giving meds to my 16 cats is an absolute nightmare!!

The ferals are the worst .. and they wont touch food that has a hint of meds in it ... I have tried everything except flippin caviar!!!

One trick I have learnt tho , but you have to be fast and careful... use long tweezers, and put tablet right down throat .. use a syringe with a little water to help swallow and bye bye pill.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Lin | 2009-01-20

Crush the tablet and mix with a little bit of Marmite. They' ll lick it off your fingers

Reply to Lin