Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2011/09/28

Giving normal Birth at 39

I''am 17 weeks pregnant, without any difficulties. I had my first two sons at agte 26 and 28, and gave normal birh to both of them. My Gynae suggested a C-section, becaus of my age. I told him I would rather give normal birth again. He said that we could see later in the pregnancy what would be best. I would like to know why it is that older woman is seen as a risk for natural child birth giving? I feel good and so far I''m having a healthy pregnancy, and a C-Section is a big issue for me. Regards Celeste

I can't see any reason why you age should mean that you need a caesarean.

1