Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2009/09/21

Giving birh in water

Hi there,

I am not sure if I am asking it the right way. But I heard people say that giving birth in water is less painfull then normal birth in the hospital. I do want to give natural birth. What is the reason behind women giving birth in water, is it much safer?

I am not pregnant and I am not planning on having a baby anytime soon, but in future I would like to prepared as much as I can.

It is not for safety reasons that women have water births. It is more comfortable as the water eases the labour pains and some women believe that it is more natural for the baby to come out of water into water.