Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/02/08

Giving back a gift

A few years ago I finished paying the installments on my first car and bought a second one. I wanted to give the old car to my sister but she turned it down. She appreciated it a lot but she just could not accept it. And I was not offended as I understood her and realised that she did really appreciate it but she is just not a car person.

Now it looks to me like it can be the same with God and the gift of life. I appreciate it that He gave it to me but now I feel like - God, Thanks but no thanks. I want to respectfully give your gift back. I never asked for it - so please have it back. I appreciate that you gave it to me but I don' t really need it.

Sometimes we ofer, with love, something that for totally other reasons, the recipient does no want. It's still a kind thought, and can be greatly appreciated.
Now, your metaphor for a relationship with God is flawed- you accepted the gift of this car, Life, gratefully, and you did enjoy it and drove it for many years. Now you are temporarily dissatisfied with it. Maybe it's developed an annoying rattle, or problems with the fuel system - the answer isn't to abandon the car, but to see the right sort of mechanic and get it fixed.

3
Posted by: Me | 2010/02/08

When it was given to me I was a baby - I didn' t really have a say, I HAD to take it. But now I am older and I realise that I am actually OK without it. I don' t really NEED life.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Butterfly | 2010/02/08

Read Matthew 6:34. Do not worry about tomorrow' s worries, today has enough worries.

God loves you and sees you as his child. He will provide fresh grace for you every day. He will fight the battles for you, sit still and watch the battle being fought for you. The Bible reads " never will I forsake you, never will I leave you" .

Look up to him and pray, do not do anything silly.

Reply to Butterfly