Question
Posted by: babygal | 2010/05/25

Give me an iceberg

I am a 35 year old woman who craves ice cubes all day and night. If I can''t eat ice I start biting on my nails
I was told that its iron deficiency and I had been on iron supplements for 3months now but its not helping

This is affecting my life because I start sneaking out to other offices to get ice cubes and eat them in the dark as my family complains.
Pls help

Hallo babygal,
Please have your blood tested for anemia and iron deficiency. Even if you took iron tablets, it may not have been enough to get your HB count up to normal values. Other causes are of an emotional origin (stress, anxiety) A craving for unusual foods or non-foods is called pica.
(By the way, eating ice is very bad for your teeth as it causes small cracks in the enamel and leads to tooth caries.)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hallo babygal,