Question
Posted by: Jade | 2008/08/14

GI Queries

Hi Doc,

I have heard from a friend that went to see a dietician that there are 2 different type of GI when trying to loose weight - GI and GI load, and the latter is what you should watch when trying to loose weight. Please can you explain what essentially this is?
thanks

Dear Jade
I have written an article on this topic this week and trust it has been loaded onto the Diet website. Click on 'Diet' at the top of the page and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. The new article on the GL or Glycaemic Load, is entitled: "THE GLYCAEMIC LOAD (GL) - WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!".