Question
Posted by: Connie | 2009/06/01

GI

Please could you tell me what the GI is of the new Milo cereal?

Dear Connie
I have not purchased this new Milo cereal so can't at the moment check if they mention the GI on the container or the label. I also looked in my copy of 'The SA Glycemic Index Guide' and see that it is not listed. You can contact The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com and ask if they have a GI-value for the Milo cereal. Always keep in mind that when you use low-fat or fat-free milk or yoghurt with any cereal, even those that have a high-GI, then the combined GI of the 2 foods will be lower (i.e. intermediate or low GI).