Question
Posted by: sideways | 2009/10/27

Gf and meds

Hi Cs

Just a quick question. My gf is on ciprilex and it works for her in every way except it has killed her libido and sensitivity to touch. Our sex life which was never great is worse now. We have tried switching her to wellbutrin but it solved the sexual issues and caused plenty of other mood issues. I am desperate. I love her dearly and need our sex life to get on track but understand her need for the meds. What is the solution here?

This is a well-recognized potential side-effect of many anti-depressants, but idiosyncratic to a degree, so a different antidepressant might b just as effective against her depression, but lacking the side-effect. And a few antidepressants ( like the Wellbutrin ) rarely have this effect. This is something the psychiatrist prescribing the meds should have discussed with you both. And from the sound of it, she needs CBT counsellin / therapy in addition to the medications -not all problems can be solved entirely by medication

Simon - on which side ?

2
Posted by: simon | 2009/10/27

get a little on the side

Reply to simon

Simon - on which side ?