Question
Posted by: LIANA | 2010/10/20

GEWIG

HOOP U KAN HELP. EK HET REEDS 10 KG VERLOOR, MAAR STAAN NOU DOODSTIL AL VIR N MAAND LANK MAAK NIE SAAK WAT EK MAAK NIE. EK HET N VET ROL OM MY MAAG WAARVAN EK GRAAG ONSLAE VAN WIL RAAK. WAT KAN EK DOEN NET OM MY LIGGAAM TE KRY OM WEER VERDER VET TE VERBRAND. EK OEFEN ELKE 2DE DAG, TRAP OEFEN FIETS VIR 1 UUR ( SOMS N UUR EN HALF ) TEEN N SPOED WAT SO 50CAL VERBRAND VIR ELKE 10MIN VOLGENS DIE FIETS SE MONITOR. DOEN OOK NA DIE TYD ANDER OEFENING SOOS SITUPS EN SO AAN. EET GESOND GEEN CHIPS, GASKOELDRANK EN LEKKERS. ENIGE RAAD OOR WAT EK KAN DOEN? KAN DAAR N MEDIESE REDE WEES HOEKOM EK NIE VERDER VERLOOR NIE? IS DAAR DALK N VITAMIEN AANVULLING OF IETS WAT SAL HELP? U HULP WORD WAARDEER. BAIE DANKIE.

Hi LIana

I think the key is to focus not on weight but on fitness. The exercise you're doing now has not, as far as I can tell, moved on from what you did say one month ago. And it should be, as you get fitter.

So for example, if you're cycling for 10 minutes and burning 50 calories, then progress means that you either burn 70 calories in 10 minutes, or cycle for longer than the hour you're doing now.

That's probably not feasible, so the solution is then to increase the intensity. Raise the level of training, because you're fit enough to burn more than 5 Cal per minute. You should probably be aiming for 8 to 10 calories per minute.

If you do that, and continue to train for 60 minutes every second day, you will be burning 480 calories instead of 300 calories, and that is significant.

Obviously, you have to look at diet at the same time, this is just as important, and so keep it in mind.

I would not consider medical reasons until this is done. Focus on fitness and then you'll see where the "ceiling" is.