Question

Getting yr mind right for heathly eating

Hi There

I am 34 yrs old. My stats from beginning of June are Bust 97, Waist 82, Thigh 61.5, Hip 110, Arm 31. Weight 75, Height 1.64
I joined Run Walk for Life in April and am currently running +- 17 kms a week. However I cannot get my mind right to follow a heathly eating plan. On the whole I do not think I eat too badly, I know I should increase the fruit/veg aspect, I just eat without thinking, and normally go for nice thinking (biscuits or chocs), a bad habit that I cannot seem to get out of. Also I am very bad at drinking water. I think the Lower GI diet is a good way to go, if I could just change my mind set. What can I do to help myself with this? Thanks for your help.

Dear Anon
You have already made one great change for the better by joining Walk for Life and running 17 km per week - well done! Now take the next step to also introduce diet modifications into your slimming regimen. As a guideline, you can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Tell yourself that you are going to fix up both the exercise and the diet aspect and leave behind those bics and chocs until you have lost at least 10 kg, so that your BMI which is at present 27, 9 will be down to 24,1 and nicely in the normal range.\

1
Posted by: yoli | 2008/12/18

Hi i just started gym and i have abit of a tummy for my young age.Well i was told i need to eat much more heathier,i do agree.But its just that i havent an clue where to start.Well my question is as follows.How do i start and where do i start?
I would truely be greatfull for your reply.

Reply to yoli