Question
Posted by: Old Timer | 2012/05/16

Getting too much for me

I don''t even know where to start and I know here is not much space. So just a quick update " to whom it may concern"  as I just have to vent!
In the last 18 months: Had to step up to the plate at work for a job I was not ready, apart from all those stress and as a result of long hours I had to work, I neglected my wife whom had an affair as a result. This was a great shock to me. We worked through it and she is still with me. She also suffers of depression and is with out an income. Financially I earn to little, travel to far to work daily and can not pay my monthly expences. My dad got sick and eventualy died recently. I failed my exams (twice) and to put the cherry on the top my family is now looking at me as the " strong"  one.
The fact is I can not take it anymore. I am sinking!!
I know you can not do much, but thanks for listening. Now at least I got to say it all!! (Lets hope the next 18months is better)

Well vented ! THis really has been an unfortunate combination of challenging events within a relatively short period of time, and would stress anyone. Sounds like you were used unfairly at work, and deserve better. This is a lousy time to be looking for work, so stick with it, but no harm in actively looking round for better options. Is it possible ( in discussion with the education folks ) to take a break from your studies and return to them in a year or more, retaining the right to return, and to keep the credits you have achieved thus far ?

1