Posted by: Mohammed | 2012-07-31

getting sick when not following food combining rules

Good Day

About 10 years ago, i started eating according to the food combining rules, as laid down in the book: Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond.

ever since i started following the combining rules,i have noticed that i get sick (flu like symptoms) almost immediately when i violate the food combining rules at a meal.

the symptoms i experience are blocked nose, plegm on the chest, fever, etc.

If i continue to violate the food combing rules for about 6 meals, then i get so sick that I have to go to the GP for treatment.

please, advice why is this happening and what i can do to eat normally again with out getting sick.

how can i go back to eating proteins and carbohydrates together at the same meal. or muesli and yogurt together, without becoming sick.

Its like my body is treating the fact that I am eating a starch and protein togther as a virus and fighting it.

your help and advice would be really appreciated.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Mohammed,
Your question does not pertain to an eating disorder, but a dietary concern. I suggest that you post this to the DietDoc forum.