Question
Posted by: JJ | 2011-10-27

getting sick often

Hello, for the past year I have been getting sick very often, have flu like symptoms, temperature is not very high. Could there be something serious behind? I am very worried because I have been very healthy all the time and now suddenly keep getting sick. Will general blood tests show anything?

JJ

Do not be too concerned. It is possible that you are unfortunate in contracting the flu virus. Consult your GP for blood tests, to determine if there is any need for concern.

1
Posted by: Candice | 2011-10-27

I had the same thing and kept going back to the dr and eventaully i went to a new Dr and told her i was flu-ish all the time, she ran a full blood count and found i had low iron and low plateletts
i had iron injections for 6 weeks. i also take a supplement every day
im now totally healthy and managed the whole winter without getting sick!

so IMHO i would request a Gp to do a blood test.

Reply to Candice