Posted by: Yvette | 2009-03-30

Getting rid of ticks.

I would like to know how to get rid of ticks, accept from keeping your lawn short, bathing your dogs on a regular basis, using tick and flea drops on your pets?

Is there some kind of poison you get that you can spray on your lawn?

And also, I heard that Citronella Oil, helps from keeping ticks and fleas away from your dogs. Does it help and how do you apply it?

Thank you.

Dear Yvette

Try Ultrum spot-on or spray and put a Preventic collar on all your dogs.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-03-30

I wouldn' t rely on citronella except maybe for mosquitoes.

Get Advantix from your vet - not terribly cheap, but it works. As you know, ticks can be dangerous (billiary!) so it' s worth the investment.

Reply to Chill