Posted by: Delene | 2010-01-27

Getting rid of dog odour - please help!!

Hi doc,
How can I get rid of terrible dog odour from the interior of a vehicle we purchased last week. We' ve washed and scrubbed the seats and and carpets, but with very little success. I' ve had the car to a valet centre and they tried their best and also used fragrance on the seats and carpets. Someone said we will have to have the airconditioner cleaned. What else can we try? We are big animal lovers, but our animals do not drive in the back of our car permanently. Please help!

Dear Delene

'Simple solutions' make some of the best products. Vetshops should stock some of the products.

Posted by: Racoon | 2010-02-05

There' s a spray can that you can get from Midas that one sets off in the car with the aircon running. I used it to remove sigaret smoke odor from my car when I bought it. It worked famously. You' ll also need to have pollen filters replaced as some of the odor sticks in there as well.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: k | 2010-02-03

have a look at an online shop called A Pet' s Life - they have a range of the Simple Solutions products as well as Instaclean and other cleaning products.

Reply to k
Posted by: bad smell | 2010-01-28

sprinkle a couple of boxes of bi carb on seatts and floors
mix one small bottle of vanilla essence into a water spray bottle
spray over bi carb till it makes a paste rub into the surface
allow to dry completely till its powder
then vacuum off.
place spots of vanilla essence on seats.- hope it helps

Reply to bad smell