Posted by: Lerato | 2010-05-27

Getting pregnant without periods

Hi Doctor
I havent had my periods in the past three years and I am not using contraceptives I was using Nurstrate and I stopped in the past five years. I''ve been to several doctors and no help. When my periods time come I get same symptoms but no blood comes out only light brown discharge.

What are the chances of me getting pregnant at the age of 31yrs please help

Dear Lerato

There are many causes as to why a woman does not see her periods, the most common one being anovulatory cycles. There is however other causes such as thyroid dysfunction, uterine synechiae, and cervical stenosis just to name a few. It is very important for you to consult with your gynaecologist so he can send you for investigations and assessments to ascertain exactly as to why in your particular case that you are not seeing your period. Then depending on the causes institute treatment appropriately.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: K | 2010-05-28

Hi Lerato. Are you perhaps very underweight? This could have a big influence on your periods. Best of luck.

Reply to K