Posted by: Milley | 2010-08-31

Getting Pregnant, Husband HIV+

We are desperate to get pregnant and start a family. The problem is that I am HIV- and my husband HIV+. His viral load is undetectable and has been for a almost a year now.

What options do we have in conceiving in a natural way? Please help!!!!

If the viral load is undetectable you are probably pretty safe. Otherwise insemination with washed sperm is an option. Fertility experts would do this.

Posted by: Cythia | 2010-09-01

I am also in the same situation, any advise regarding the specialist or institutions that can help with the artificial insemination

Reply to Cythia
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-31

Artificial insemination. Unless you want to risk yourself with the probability of infection.

You can do it naturally and then use PEP treatment after that (3 months treatment) but better be safe and do artificial insemination.