Posted by: Addison Blaire | 2012-02-29

Getting Pregnant

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. My cycles are typically 27-29 days long. Can you please tell me the best days this month to try to get pregnant. I started my last period on February 25. They normally last 5 days.

Dear Addison Blaire
In most cases the day of ovulation is a constant 14 days prior to the onset of menstruation. Therefore your ovulation days would most likely be day-13 to day-15. Since this is a difference which may span more than 48 hours it would be advisable to use ovulation prediction kits in particular the urinary LH detection kits (such as Ovuplan or Clearplan). With these ovulatory predictors it is possible to predict ovulation 36 – 40 hours prior to the actual event and it is therefore possible to time intercourse accordingly. In your case testing from day-10 would be the most suitable counting the first day of bleeding as day-1.
Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Nic | 2012-03-06

Google " ovulation calander" , and there are plenty of websites that will calculate the dates for you. Good luck!

Reply to Nic