Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2009/10/22

Getting Pregnant

Hi there, my fiance and I are getting married in February next year and soon afterwards would like to start for a child. What should I be doing in the meantime to prepare my body and what foods can we eat for fertility and what vitamins etc should I be taking. Should I visit my gynae for a check up? I' m on the pill at the moment - how long before we start should I go off the pill.

The most important things are to stop alcohol and smoking and to take folate. Stop the Pill when you want to start trying to conceive. You could fall pregnant immediately or it could take several months It varies from person to person.

5

Reply to gynaedoc | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: kb | 2014/07/14

what about u r not any contraceptive,even but taking to get pregnant

Posted by: anon | 2009/10/24

Hi there. I was on contaceptives for 4 years and have been trying for the past 3 yars to fall pregnant again. Please seek proffesional advice before you make the same mistake as me.

Reply to anon
Posted by: maria | 2009/10/23

Is it true that fibroids are caused by using contraceptive.

Reply to maria
Posted by: mini | 2009/10/22

Hi there, i got married this year in February and in April i went off the pill (triphasil). We' ve been trying for 6 months now and still nothing. If i knew it would take this long after the pill to fall pregnant i would have gone of the pill last year before my wedding. Good luck to you.

Reply to mini