Posted by: shelley | 2012-06-12

getting over the flu

I am just starting to get over the flu. I had antibiotics for 5 days and I am now suffering from some mild nausea and dizzyness. I do have low blood pressure so that may be the cause. My nose is till a bit stuffy and I have a productive cough, though I am not coughing at nuight as much as I used to.

I was just wondering how long will it take before the mucus clears up and I can stop blowing my nose and stop this productive cough? Should I carry on with the cough medicine and sinumax until it clears?

It can take another week or two to clear up. You should get a lot of bed rest and rehydrate with clear fluids. You can take the cough medicine and Sinumax for a period of ten days.