Question
Posted by: Leigh-Anne | 2011/09/20

Getting over it

I have been with my fiance for the last four years we broke it up last year because of me cheating. we had problems in the past with him getting very aggressive with me. but never hitting me. we recently decided to try make it work because we really do love one another. and the other night we were both drinking and got into a fight. where he grabbed me around my neck and dragged me to the car. i know i sound naive saying he didnt mean it. he said sorry and wont do it again.... my thing is, since then i am feeling extremly emotional and sad... and i dont know why... please if u can help me...

Was his aggression related to you cheating on him ? If there have been serious problems before the brak-up, wouldn't it be wise, if you really want to get together again, to see a couples counsellor and work on the issues that previously caused conflict ?

2
Posted by: Caro | 2011/09/21

Of course you are sad and emotional because you realise that someone who really loves you wont treat you that way and youre afraid that it will happen again and because deep down you know that he really did mean it. Get help or Get out!

Reply to Caro