Getting out

I have 6 year child who austistic , his mother has refused to do therapy with him , our relationship has deteriorated to bad that it got violent . I cannot understand how a mother can refuse to help her own child ...
I tried to fix this relationship but unsure if i wanted to live with someone who is not going to help.
Who can help me make this life changing decision and what will be the future of my son ?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hello and thank you for writing your concern.

As parents it is important that we priorities our children's needs. You say that your son's mother is refusing therapy. Have you discussed this with her and most importantly what are her motivations behind her decision? I am also concerned that you mention that your relationship has become violent. It sounds like there is a lot of anger between the two of you. When did the problems and deterioration of your relationship start? Your child's future is in both your hands. You are both his parents and he needs both his parents, whether he has special needs or not. My first suggestion would be to address the stress issues in your relationship. With a restored communication and better understanding of each other you will both be able to better address your son's needs and future.

Love and Gratitude
SADSA | The South African Divorce Support Association