Posted by: Andre | 2012-11-09

Getting of Benzo''s

Hi. I''m trying to get of benzodiazipines prescribed for anxiety for a few weeks now and have been finding it really hard, getting re-bound anxiety, etc. I have been getting appropriate psychologicayl help, but are there any vitamins, supplements or something likewise that might help lessen the withdrawal side-effects? Would have asked the pharmacist expert, but he''s been off-line for a while now. Thanks!

Usually such problems arise when one has been taking benzo's regularly for more than a couple of months, rather than just weeks ; but it is the absolutel responsibility, in myview, of the doctor prescribing them, to advise and help you to reduce the doses and come off them. Yes, of course, psychological help is also handy. No evidence that any vitamins or supplements reduce withdrawal effects except perhaps by placebo effects. After such a short peiod on the drugs, withdrawal effects should mnot last much longer