Question
Posted by: Cheryl Clark | 2010/09/22

Getting Desperate

I am constantly fatigued, have put on some weight and am experiencing a bit more hair loss than usual. I had an ultrasound recently and although the result was within the " normal"  range, my thyroid is misshapen and skew. I have just had thyroid blood tests and the results indicate that there is no problem. I was actually hoping that the results would show an underactive thyroid, as I would then have a diagnosis.
I am so fatigued all the time that I could quite easily stay in bed all and every day.
Your comments will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hallo Cheryl
Ask your doctor to also check your female hormone levels, fasting blood sugar and insulin levels and cortisol levels too - it may be due to an adrenal disorder or pre-diabetes if your thyroid is normal. Chronic stress and low grade depression can also cause these symptoms.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/22

Hallo Cheryl