Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2011-05-19

Getting closer to reality

Hi CS and others,
Hope you are doing well, I am doing okay, have the guy out of my life, he seems to be leaving me alone for now, although he did threaten me, he has been quiet since.
I want to know something CS, I have been living in the past a lot recently, I know that sounds strange but it is as though this person opened the door to many memories, some I didn''t even know about and others I tried to wipe out and it is as though it is now time to work on them but fear seems to be stopping me as well. I am not sure what is waiting for me, the door is ajar but there are still dark and dangerous areas, am I being paranoid. I have been having nightmares and attack anyone who tries to wake me, I hear voices and my memory of the here and now is affected, it feels as if I am floating, can you perhaps explain to me why this could be so. I am now as old as my mother would have been the year she was killed by my stepfather and it is getting close to the ex bf''s death as well, there is so much happening again in my head, it is like a rollercoaster, but one that cannot and will not be stopped. Any suggestions?

Hi there BT, Pleased to hear you are apparently free of this guy - PLEASE be much more cautious in future about the sort of guys you get involved with, as you really don't need this to happen again ! By acting in ways similar to previous Bad Men in your life, by recreating similar situations, he may have awakened emotional memories of past episodes. But i would be best to see again the best shrink you have found so far, for re-assessment of this unpleasant situation, and help you to bring it back under control and within safe limits.

1