Posted by: Clintonb | 2009-08-01

Getting a second opinion

I have received a diagnosis from our family doctor which happens to know us very well and unfortunately he sourced information from my family that accompanied me while i was submitting samples which might not have been accurate and the diagnosis was a botch. I' ve tried to get a second opinion by not providing information from previous doctors in the hope i can get an objective opinion. The problem with this approach is that i submit my medical aid and id number which they' re using to access my medical history, which unfortuanately includes doctor number 1.

The reason i' m trying to get a second opinion is that i' m not happy with doctor number 1 and it really serves no purpose for them to recite the first doctors perscription and then just tripplie the dosage. Is there anyway to forefully control what my doctors can access? It seems a polite request is no adequate.

Your only option is to say that you are a cash payment and provide your medical details after the consultation or to consult a specialist in the relevant field of your problem.