Getting a kitten in a flat

I am moving into a new flat soon, and am very keen to get a kitten. I love cats and grew up having lots around me. I am worried though, because I will be living in a flat, so the cat will have to be shut up the whole day, or left outside (there are gardens in the block, and we are allowed animals) while I am at work, which is really not fair on any pet. On the other hand, surely its better than being shut up at the SPCA or something? Am I being selfish?

Dear Anon

Why dont you just leave a window open for the cat?

Posted by: Carla | 2009-06-25

lol, sometimes I wonder about these " experts" 

Reply to Carla
Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-25

O gee Cybervet, that is exactly what carla said and a very vague response

Posted by: Carla | 2009-06-23

While I lived in a flat I had a cat, while still young just supply them with a sand box and when bigger they can jump out of a window to go relieve themselve in the garden. Worth it all the way as cats when older sleep most of the day. while still young get him/her a lot of toys or things to keep busy with or even a brother ot a sister, but please be sure to spay/neuter your cat

Reply to Carla