Posted by: Phoebe | 2009-05-05

Gettig worried now

I hope you a possible help. My last period started on the 1st of Feb 2009 and until now I have not had a period.
I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. I’ m 33 years old. I have had 2 cases of ovarian cysts when I was younger which they scraped off. I have twin boys aged 9, had an emergency C-section because on 30 weeks I got H.U.L.P syndrome and Pre-clampsia.
My symptoms currently are headaches. My lower back and legs pain, I don’ t feel like doing anything, I have fatigue and nausea spells, cramping. I have had frequent UTI’ s also in the last 4 months.
Can you possible point me in the right direction as to what can be wrong? I don’ t have money to go see a DR at this stage.
Thank you very much

Dear Phoebe
It could be ovarian cysts again, but also hormonal imbalances (thyroid dysfunction or anovulation). Have your urine tested at a pharmacy for Urine tract infection and treat this if possible. A sister at a contraceptive clinic can also do basic gyne exam to see if you need to see a doctor urgently. Ideal would be if you could get a sonar of the pelvis to check for cysts, and some basic blood tests. GP can do this you don't have to see a specialist.