Question
Posted by: Angie | 2011/04/07

Get fit, tone up and lose weight

Hi Fitness Doc,

I am looking for an exercise programme to get fit, tone up and lose weight. I am 40 years old and have a lot of weight to lose. I am otherwise very healthy. Even though I am pretty unfit, I love working out.
Please help me with an idea of exercise I can do at home. I have a stationery bike, weights, skipping rope, punching bag.

Hi Angie

My advice is to pick from the programmes here:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Programmes/16-1347.asp

obviously, the best is an individualized plan, but failing that, something systematic is the way to go, so this is what I'd recommend. There are cycling programmes there that will allow you to use the bike. However, I'd encourage you to look at options outdoors, only because sometimes home exercise is so convenient that it's easy to put off.

And that's never good, so if you have something outside, that you can do with a friend or two, it's a big motivator.

But those programmes cover all the bases.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/04/25

Hi Angie

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc