Posted by: Michell | 2013-02-01

German Sheppard

Hope you can help. I have a German Sheppard. He is about a year old. He has started doing something strange. He is constantly searching and chasing nothing. I spoke to my vet about it but he cant explain this behaviour. Do you possibly have any suggestions on how to make him stop this

Certain breeds, such as bull terriers and German shepherds, seem to chase their tails more often than others. Compulsive tail-chasing could be due to environmental causes, including a stressful incident trigger. A dog chasing its tail is often a sign of boredom. Pets have social needs, just like people. It is difficult to tell you exactly what the reason if for your animals behavior, but it is essential to your pet's well-being that you make time to interact with your pet, every day. Playing and exercising with your pet are great ways for you to unwind and de-stress and both you and your pet will be happier and healthier because of it.