Question
Posted by: topaz_sa | 2009/10/20

German Measles

Hi Doc - My 14 month old LG came into contact with German Measles on Saturday. She was playing with a friend, sticking fingers in mouths and even gave him a kiss.

The mom only noticed the rash on Sunday.

- What are the chances of her getting sick?

- When will she show symptoms?

- My sister is going in to have her baby next Monday, would it be safe to go and visit her?

- I had the MMR before I fell pregnant, So I should be fine, hay? Would it be safe for only me to visit my sister?

Sorry, a lot of questions, but I am a little worried.

Hallo Topaz_sa
You should be fine if you had the MMR.
She probably has not had her MMR yet, so she is at risk of contracting German measles. Symptoms can begin in a week to 10 days after contact.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/20

Hallo Topaz_sa
You should be fine if you had the MMR.

Reply to cyberdoc