Question
Posted by: Mary | 2009-03-09

Germ Measels Vac

Hi, my gynae advised that i go get the German measels vaccine b4 i attempt falling preg, how important is it to have the vaccine and my mum recalls that i prob did have when i was a baby, is it really neccesary again?

You can be tested to see if you are immune. If you are, you do not need the vaccine.

2
Posted by: Mary | 2009-03-11

Thanks for the response i will def go get the vac.
I did do a bloodtest and my gynae said that i have to get it as soon as possible.
I also have to go back on the pill for 3 months which im not happy abt but he did advise me, i have been trying to fall preg and this is just gonna push things back longer.
I guess i have to.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: A | 2009-03-10

Having German measles during pregnancy can be extremely harmful to your baby. Ask yourself, " Is it worth the risk?"  I wouldn' t think so. Get the vaccine just to be safe - it' s the responsible thing to do.

Reply to A