Question
Posted by: tiffany | 2010/09/12

geriatric daxie

my little 15 year old wirehaired daxie and i went down to the beach yesterday and had a little run around. he was fine before we went and seemed fine on the way home. we woke this morning and he seems a little stiff on his one shoulder. he has showed the same behaviour before when he ran around too much with a soccer ball in the garden with my brother. i think he just has some muscle stiffness, running in sand can be hard for humans as well :)

as its a sunday, and my local vet is not on duty, can i give him 120 mg aspirine to help with any inflammation for now, and keep him quiet for a bit and take him in tomorrow to see the vet. Jarvis weighs approx 11 kg''s...he is not overweight i am told by my vet.

Hi Tiffany

The pain could be muscular, ligamentous, tendious, orthropedic or spinal. The vet will probably prescribe you a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) to reduce the swelling and pain -metacam, rimadyl etc. If there is no or little improvement the they will most likely do X-rays

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/09/13

Hi Tiffany

Reply to CyberVet