Posted by: BMJ | 2012-03-19

I recently had sinusitus and was on anitbiotic as well as cortisone treatment. I also used mypaid for the sinus pain.

I do have a hiatus hernia that give me trouble from time to time.

I have exessive heartburn at the moment, i can feel the acid burn in the back of my throat - like something is stuck there as well as exessivte burping and pain in my arm and chest.

I think it is my hernia, made worse by the anti inflammatories. I am using Altosec and rennies. Is there any way to get rid of this hernia - ''uncoil'' it so to speak that you know of naturally?

Unfortunately, there is no natural/non-surgical treatment for a hernia. You will have to consult your doctor for a gastroscopy and barium. Your doctor will also have to do an ECG, as a heart attack can also mimic the symptoms of a hernia. Consult your doctor as soon as possible.