Question
Posted by: Sue | 2011/03/15

Geographic Tongue

Been diagnosed with above as well as fatty liver infiltration.My tongue is extremely sore. been seeing a dietician for the fatty infiltration. are the two connected perhaps and what can I do for the tongue? Thankyou

Hallo Sue
The tongue and fatty infiltration symptoms are not related. The specific cause of geographic tongue is unknown, although vitamin B deficiency may be involved. Other causes may include irritation from hot or spicy foods, or alcohol. If the tongue is painful, please check for white spots on the inside of your cheeks, it could be due to candida infection - if so try Daktarin oral jel. Take Vit B complex supplements too.

3
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011/03/17

Sue, it may be that you are suffering from dry mouth syndrome
See www dot medicinenet.com/dry_mouth/page2

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: sue | 2011/03/16

Thank you Dr Bets,
My tongue is extremely painful,there are no white spots on the inside of my cheeks. I have tried Daktarin oral jel and nothing changed. sometimes i struggle to swallow as the food gets stuck on my tongue and does not move backward.I will get the vit B complex supplements and try them.

Sue

Reply to sue
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/15

Hallo Sue