Posted by: oom lourens | 2012-06-04

Genital warts on both partner

Hey Doc

Me and my fiancee are both infected with genital warts, she has gone for 3 treatments, trying to burn it of. The docter just hurts her everytime and the warts stay there, we have spent alot of money on it. and we are making use of a product called Aldara, buy it in 2mg packs and it is realy realy expensive and as soon as we stop using it the warts apear again. and in my case its become worse, we have been having sex with condoms sice we noticed the first signs, its been 3months now, and so the condoms are also costing us alot of money. Surley there must be a solotion. i i realy looking forward to your reply. Many Thanks.

Oom Lourens

There is currently no cure for genital warts and first line treatment is normally Podofilox solution in a gel or cream form. Ask your pharmacist for this cream. Carefully read the information leaflet about application. Please let me know if this works.

There are a lot of other treatment methods that can be exploited.

It is of utmost importance that your fiance consults a gynaecologist for a papsmear, as genital warts are associated with cervical cancer. A papsmear is very important.

Posted by: oomlourens | 2012-06-04

Thanks Doc

She has gone for 2 papsmeers already.
So we will try the gel and cream then?

Reply to oomlourens