Posted by: AIDS | 2008-12-04

Genital Warts are they cureable

i developed warts around my anus which is being removed surgically, i would like to clarify how is this possible when my last sexual activity was over a year ago and the warts developed a month ago. is there any treatment or is this an ongoing medical problem and prior to a year ago i have been abstenance for 9 years i had an hiv test done in march 2007 and again in decemebr 2007 and i took a treatment of retrovir an emergency pack . please advise on my options

You may have had the virus dormant in your body and it may have developed during a dip in your immunity. If they are removed physically they normally don't recur. If found very early they can be treated with a chemical the doctor paints on the area. Was your HIV test Negative?