Posted by: Xandra | 2012-05-29

Genital Warts

i was diagnosed with genital warts about 5 years ago during my pregnancy with my oldest daughter..after she was born they straight up disappeared and i haven''t seen one since? Recently a guy i have been seeing and i had sex with a condom...the condom broke and we immediately stopped and replaced it with a new one. I understand how condoms work with HPV seeing as it is spread through skin contact. But my question is if i haven''t had an outbreak of warts since the initial outbreak what are the odds i may have just given him genital warts. Also in reading about this topic i keep seeing that some say the virus is suppressed by the immune system making it nearly impossible to transmit is this true?? Im in a panic and i immediately regret having sex with him..

You have no need to panic. If you do not have the active disease, he will not contract genital warts from you. It is true that in a healthy individual, the immune system will combat the disease and leave you symptom free.