Question
Posted by: Aneesha | 2012/03/27

genital warts

I am 36 weeks pregnant and i haven''t had a sexual relationship in the past 5 mnths however i have contracted genital warts in the past month. I have had only one sexual partner in my whole life and i am 35 yrs old. This is my second child - how is it possible to contract this disease. It is very uncomfortable - what medication can you prescribe.

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus. This can be dormant for a long time before it causes problems. You probably contracted it from your partner and it is only prsenting now. Treatment involves cautery if the warts are big, or topical solutions but these need to be prescribed by a doctor.

3

Posted by: Robin | 2012/03/29

Hi I''m 31 years old, I''ve always had a problem with a heavy discharge its on and off but for the past six months I''ve been using prevention pills which I was warned it will increase the flow of my discharge but of lately Im itching most of the time on my private parts,sex is no longer enjoyable as after sex I itch worse even if I''ve used a condom and the discharge is thick. What could be the problem?

Reply to Robin
Posted by: Roommate | 2012/03/27

You got the warts from your partner. They are sexually transmitted.
have yourself tested asap. He may have gien you other sexually transmitted deseases that may affect your baby.

Reply to Roommate