Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/08/28

Genital warts?

Hi doc,

I developed some bumps in my perinium late last year(not sure abt spelling). I went to see my GP abt this, they were quite small then, he examined me and said it' s skin tag.I asked if they are not genital warts and he said no, I asked because I had not had hem before and did' nt know what they look like and because I was not sexualy active for a over a year.He prescribed an ointement which did' nt really help to remove them. They have grown overtime and irritate me a lot. I saw my dermatologist 2 weeks back and I told him the same story, he prescribed wartec, I have already applied 6 times and dnt see any improvement. They are now growing almost inside my anus. I need a thorogh check up and maybe a person who can assist in identifying what this is. This is a very sensitive area I' m scared of using these solution in case they end up in a wrong area like my vagina.

I dont have a child as yet. Could you kindly advise me who the best doctor could be for this? A gynae or a derm? Your opinion abt my experience will be highly appreciated.

Thanx and stay blessed.

It is difficult to make a diagnosis without an examination. It might be a good idea to see a gynaecologist as you have already seen a dermatologist. It does take weeks before you see results though.