Posted by: Pat | 2009-01-26

Genital Herpes

During my early adulthood (about 21) I contracted genital herpes. I have lived with it until about 5 years ago when I was introduced to a Spirulina product. Before that I would have outbreaks of herpes every second week, or in-between when I am stressed or sexually aroused. I am now 43 years of age and since I started using Spirulina exactly five years today, I never experienced any further outbreaks. I take 60 capsules of Spirulina over a period of three months.

Do you think the virus has simply flushed itself out of my system, or is it still hibernating, or is the Spirulina really having an effect?

Dear Pat
Spirulina won't kill the virus, but may help your body to have better immunity and thus be able to fight or suppress the infections more effectively.