Question

Genital exam

I had a genital exam by our family doc, who is a woman. I got a full erection, and am now too embarrassed to go back to her.my wife says that it probably happens all the time and the doc would be used to such things. Anyway my question is, does this happen often, and should I seek a male doctor in stead

Dear Anon
You don't need to look for a male doctor, unless you will feel more comfortable with this specific problem seeing a male doctor, and I am sure your family doctor will understand this 100%. We don't easily get embarrassed by things like this as we look at it from a clinical and professional viewpoint. It could have been useful clinical information as it indicated to her that the blood circulation in the genitals is working correctly.
I am sure if you discuss it with her (take your wife with for moral support) she will understand if you ask for a referral to a male doctor or urologist
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Bozo | 2010/07/12

It is perfectly normal, and stick to the female doc, imagine getting an erection with a male doc.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/12

Dear Anon
dr Bets