Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/01/20

GENETIL WARTS

My house doctor says that genetil warts is not a sexually transmitted disease only and can be contracted easily in other ways for example tiolets. Info I obtained otherwise states differently and says it is a strictly sexually transmitted disease. Your opinion?

Dear Anon
It is mostly sexually transmitted - if it was transmitted by a toilet seat, it would be on your legs and bum where you had contact with the seat. Whatever the cause, have it treated early preferably by a gyne if you are female. Male patients can get it cauterized under anaesthetic or the doctor can treat with an antiviral type of chemical.