Question
Posted by: Occupational Therapist | 2008/08/11

Genetic syndrome in child

I want to know if there is a syndrome with symptoms of big hands, behavioral problems and severe expressive language problems. The girl is 5 years old and very aggressive towards other people and her parents.Both parents are mildly intellectualy disabled.

There is a sort of hobby among pediatricians and geneticists, like butterfly collecting, in identifying, describing and naming new sundromes, even if they only find a couple of possible cases. I'm afraid I have long since given up trying to attend to these, as the diagnoses are not actually useful, as they predict neither treatment, or even outcome, with any degree of value. A syndrome with the particular features you describe is not widely recognized, but may well have been described by someone.
A pediatrician with an interest in developmental disorders, or a geneticist with similar interests, may recognize this pattern, but I'm sorry I can't help.