Question
Posted by: STALLION | 2010/08/24

GENERIC SUBSTITUTE FOR CAVERJECT

As a result of cancer I have undergone a radical prostatectomy during February 2009. Since I have recovered, I can only achieve very weak erections with the aid of Viagra or Cialis that does not penetration. After a Caverject injection I can get an erection strong enough for satisfactory sexual intercourse. Caverject is very expensive and I cannot afford regular purchases thereof. I know it is marketed for probably 2 decades already and the patent thereon surely should have expired.

Can you kindly provide me with the name of a generic substitute or alternative that may produce the same effects. I still have both testicles producing testosterone at peak levels. Our married life is begging for regular sexual intercourse.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi S

Sadly there is no generic available yet.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/02/26

I'm sure there is money to be had by the powers that be. The doctors writing the drugs and the manufactures who supply them. Neither one wants to give up a sure money pit, until legislation forces them to come up with a generic.

Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/25

Hi S

Reply to pharmacist