Question
Posted by: Letitia | 2010/12/23

General health tests

I have some general health concerns and would like to know what kind of doctor I should consult, and secondly what kind of tests could be done to assess the status of my health (blood test/hair analysis etc).

I''m 27 years old. About 9 months ago I went off the pill and switched to the copper coil contraception. Following that I started getting acne on my neck and just under my jawline, ranging from deep nodules to more blackheads. I also noticed more hair loss. Both of these factors cause me a great deal of stress and upset.

I have put on 2 kgs over this time. I pass more gas than before and am often constipated and bloated.

Although I am fair in complexion, my skin is very pale and my feet sometimes turn a purple blue colour.

I am quite stressed out at work and battle to fit in exercise. I wake up feeling tired, not refreshed.

I feel that there may be a variety of health issues going on. Please can you advise on what kind of doctor would be best to see, and if the doctor should be able to run some tests that will shed light on what''s going on with my body.

Thanks.
Letitia

Hallo Letitia
You can start by going to a general practitioner. He can do a general physical examination (listen to your heart, lungs, examine glands, stomach, test urine etc) en do the basic blood tests (thyroid functions, full blood count, blood sugar etc) If needed, he will then refer you to an endocrinologist/gyne depending on the results of the blood tests.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/24

Hallo Letitia